Author Topic: Take This Seriously.  (Read 278 times)

Offline MutantRabbit

• SCREAMS
    • View Profile
Take This Seriously.
« on: November 30, 2016, 05:22:00 PM »
Hey fellow DarkRP's. I've had something on my mind for a while that's been eating at me like a hungry wolf. I feel as if player disrespect isn't being taken very seriously on the server, or that certain mods/ admins are ignoring it. Within the past week I've played on here (I play quite often, this was my favorite Gmod server to come onto. Notice I say was. This is because within the past week, the amount of disrespect and harassment I've recieved for being transgender and homosexual. Yes, I've recently come out as transgender and homosexual to the server because someone of VIP status (I will not say whom, mostly because my memory isn't all that good and there were a few people involved- I don't want to blame someone for the actions of someone else by mistake), had "jokingly" insulted someone by saying, and I quote: "You sound like a transgender person". The reason this was so insulting to me was not completely because they said that, but how they said it. Being trans male, it's a real issue when it comes to sounding the part of a man and it's not an easy thing to deal with. This caused an argument, and soon after two or three different VIP statused people had begun (very mild) harassment which made me feel quite uncomfortable, calling trans people "trannies" ect ect. Now,  the insults didn't end. There have been people before who called me a filthy tranny, a nasty girl and some other disgusting names, but within the past weak I've been RDMed over and over, jailed and been called horrible things because I am transgender and gay. And it's not just the trans/gay harassment, but the fact people have verbally (not on chat, so I couldn't screenshot) told me to kill myself, that I'm a piece of shit, failed abortion, that my mother should have abused me more ect- (which actually hit a little to close to home there). You don't fucking say that to people. Today after I was RDMed multiple times, SPECIFICALLY for being trans, (the player was banned for 1 day earlier this evening just for mass rdm), people kept saying how I need to grow up/ that I can't always have a safe space and other shit like that. Yeah, this is the internet, I get people are going to be dicks. I've dealt with a lot of assholes on this server before, but this is a WHOLE new level of bullying. Nobody should feel that they have to permenently leave their favorite server because they're being harassed. To add to this, because of these recent events my mental state has drastically decreased to the point I've been having suicidal thoughts. It's just not fucking okay. Please, staff, TAKE PLAYER DISRESPECT SERIOUSLY. Do NOT ignore people who feel they are being attacked just because they feel a certain way. I am begging you here. I don't want to have to leave my favorite server because it's not being taken seriously.

Screenshots of what I've been able to upload/ capture:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=809214895
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=806063483
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=809214895

Those aren't even close to half the things people have said, and doesn't include over mic speech. Take this seriously.
A very depressed meme.

Offline Hazard

• Ya Yeet Yah
    • View Profile
Re: Take This Seriously.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 05:42:14 PM »
This all happened because I told my friend that he sounds like a transgender. What have I started! I am deeply sorry. For this harassment on you. I don't really know who these people are and I would try to fix it but I haven't really interacted with these players. If you want a punishment towards me I will accept it because I really did start this whole thing.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 05:50:04 PM by Bender »
Watch me leave this place you stay
Think about the fault you made
Change the fucking shit you say
I may be back another day - Night Lovell

Offline MutantRabbit

• SCREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 06:13:29 PM »
For a moment I couldn't tell if that was sarcasm or not, but having read the whole thing I can tell it wasn't. Thank you. I do not want to take action against you or punish you. That apology was enough for me. I just really want people to understand that this stuff needs to be taken seriously. It's not just some assholes calling people names, it's harassment that can really break someone down inside. As long as your apology was sincere, I want no punishment towards you. The only thing I ask of you is to stand up against people who do things or say things like this.
A very depressed meme.

Offline AcidTV

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 06:42:51 PM »
Really sorry that you've had to go trough this,sometimes i just dont look at chat and everything,i will pay more attention to these things

Main Account(If Not online on that one)

Offline Killingman107

• VIP GOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 07:34:28 PM »
This should honestly be looked into by an Admin or someone even higher up than that. The amount of harassment and overall minges I have seen on the server recently is hella high and needs to be handled.
Former RPLand Server Manager

Offline Sublime

• DowntownRP Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 08:02:19 PM »
Unfortunately I have been very ill the passed few days, and prior to that I was very busy with the holidays so I was unable to be as active as I would have liked to. I am normally very strict when it comes to minges and today I have dealt with many of them that seem to have been sliding by, I'm assuming they just haven't been caught yet. I encourage fellow staff to put their fists down when they encounter a general minge with no intent to rp, and be much less lenient if they have been before.

Offline MutantRabbit

• SCREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 12:44:39 PM »
I appreciate the positive replies on this post. I was afraid I was going to get negative feedback and would have to fully abandon the server. Thank you for taking a look and reading this lengthy post. It's something I care about deeply.
A very depressed meme.

Offline SirRob

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2016, 11:46:15 AM »
This thread has changed the way I look at this server and others. There will be no need to abandon this server. Garry's mod, or any other online game (other than CoD) should be a safe place for everyone online to play, unfortunatly we can't cover the entire world for anti-bullying, but this community, I know Will.

Offline Lightbud13579

• DowntownRP Staff
  • It's Lightbud not Lightbulb....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 07:29:49 PM »
Mutant come back /: You got on yesterday and then got off after like 10m it sucks you were a cool guy :l
Known as Dadmin or Milk&Honey or mainly Lightbud

Offline Marshmellow

• VIP GOLD
  • Harambe Is still alive!
    • View Profile
    • Rp Land
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 09:11:46 PM »
This if FUCKING RIDICULOUS BOOBIE this must be dealt with!
[]Ku Klux Klan Org Owner
Black Lover
Expert Raider
Meth Master

Offline Marshmellow

• VIP GOLD
  • Harambe Is still alive!
    • View Profile
    • Rp Land
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 09:14:21 PM »
I also recommend using the player reports format and post this on the forum page! (player reports are looked at more often!)
[]Ku Klux Klan Org Owner
Black Lover
Expert Raider
Meth Master

Offline ganongom

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2017, 09:08:52 AM »
sorry

Offline ganongom

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2017, 09:11:22 AM »
that is not right It is not weird if people are transgender it is not their fault They just felt the need to do it