Author Topic: Sasquatch Senior Admin Promotion Application  (Read 208 times)

Offline Sasquatch

• Admin
  • Grand Master of Drugs
    • View Profile
Sasquatch Senior Admin Promotion Application
« on: February 09, 2018, 06:10:27 PM »
For some reason this guy isn't posting right, so here's the link to a Google Doc of it. Sorry for any inconvenience!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kkHArbntBRGxijZSWSUGUcE88h3CQNWbL16TzUiZ8Cw/edit?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 06:16:36 PM by Sasquatch »

If you listen to the guy at the beginning of The Thing in Norwegian, he gives away the whole plot & tries to save everyone before being shot dead.

Offline FaZe Doggo

• VIP GOLD
  • Don't worry i wont 420 no-scope that often.
    • View Profile
Re: Sasquatch Senior Admin Promotion Application
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 06:59:15 PM »
+1 from me! he has always been great every time. does a very good job.

Offline PsychoPie

• VIP GOLD
  • I like to draw crappy cartoons.
    • View Profile
    • Check out my webcomic!
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 07:45:19 PM »
Definitely gets a +1 from me. Friendly to players and a rule follower.

Offline kkslider818

• VIP GOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 09:19:13 PM »
+1

Dude, you are the most active staff member on if anyone can earn this spot. You my Sasquatch are the one to do it all. THAT IS A +1 MATERIAL.

Offline seen ghosts

• VIP GOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 09:17:36 AM »
+1[/glow]

Does his work with his heart <3 desresves that promo

Offline hypochan

• VIP GOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 09:24:25 AM »
+1

+1 all the way babbbbbyyyy

in all seriousness, i know very little about sasquatch and we dont know much about each other but he does a great job at what he does. he is friendly, active on the forum and very helpful. in my opinion, he deserves the highest role possible because he does such a well job.

Offline Fox McCloud

• VIP GOLD
  • :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 11:41:44 AM »
from what i have seen, you are pretty much active and stay a lot to help in the server, ranking up is a great idea to have more complementation, you deserve it and you need it.
a big +1 from me sas, keep up the great work buddy

Offline mrbean

• VIP GOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 03:01:05 PM »
+1 would love to see you make it all the way to staff manager if thats what your goig for after this if not would still love to see you get promoted

Offline KN1N3

• Retired
  • Not your dad. You may want to see a therapist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 03:03:13 PM »
-1 You blatantly broke a simple rule and then claimed you were not. Senior admin is a high ranking position in which you need to know the rules and be able to answer any questions someone may have about the rules. Breaking them and claiming not to shows you do not know them and should not be in a high ranking position. At this point I am assuming you will get the promotion but you do not deserve it. You are also not mature enough for the position since you can't put appropriate warnings as displayed in the staff complaints. Final words before I explain the rule broken and provide evidence so I am not just making wild accusations, you need to fix your key bindings. They should be | bind <key> "ulx jail @ 120" | not | bind <key> "say !jail @ 120" | I know it seems simple but it is annoying seeing a high ranking staff member that should have learned that back when they were trial staff using it when they are applying for senior admin.

For reference the rule you broke was:
C20. No baiting; waiting for someone to do something in RP and then either killing or arresting them after they call whatever they were going to do. (Ex1. Someone calls raid on your base and you blast them while you're right behind them.| Ex2. A Hit man cannot call someone to spawn to assassinate them.) This includes calling the cops with /911 just to kill them when they get past your KOS line.

Evidence: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1294797848
K1N3 -Super Satan
KING -MRWAFFLES
KNING -BobTheBuilder
Can -Totalgamingbanana
K1n13 -Cuervoe/Gameyplum303
Kn1ck -TheSimplest
KN1n2 -TopplerDude36
^Other Player Provided Aliases^

Offline Milkman

• Admin
  • sHHHHH
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 05:11:50 PM »
+1
     I dont see how I couldnt support you once again. We were both made staff at the same time and have worked closely together and from the time spent working/hanging around with you, I can strongly say you are great at being staff, You put in lots of time and work into this server and are very good at handling tough situations. You truly deserve this promotion I stand by your side as always and can happily wish you the best of luck man!

--Milkman--
Its Me Milkman!

Offline Rywrld

• I'm from the country and I like it that way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2018, 12:11:50 AM »
Why I think Sasquatch should stay Admin

For starters. He only gets on at night when things are slow and punishes like 3 people and leaves shortly after.  What is the point of having someone get on when barely anything is happening?   It'd be better to give VIPs their Voteban permissions back, but a bunch of children ruined it for the rest of us.  Regardless,  you need to be getting on more during the day when major stuff is actually going down.

Onto the next thing.  How can we trust you to enforce our rules when you are breaking them yourself and you don't even know it?  You baited a bunch of cops and killed a few who responded to your call.   Why should you get Senior Admin if you can't even remember the rules properly?  You should be setting the example and following the rules instead of breaking them.   

Onto the final thing.   I don't want anyone to think this is a personal attack against Sasquatch.   I have no hard feelings towards him.   This is just my opinion and I am entitled to it.   I played with him before he got staff and he was much more active.   Seems anytime someone gets staff they become really inactive, but that is a different topic and issue.  I think he needs to spend more time as an Admin rather than progress up the ladder at the rate he is currently heading.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 05:34:01 PM by Rywrld »

Offline Sasquatch

• Admin
  • Grand Master of Drugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2018, 04:08:14 PM »
Thank you all for your responses. An especial thank you to Ryworld for your constructive criticism and KN1N3 for your... criticism. I really posted this to get as realistic of a gauge as possible of what people think I should be doing and this has really helped!
Why not ask people directly? Simply put, you guys are too nice. I tried this, but the responses were mostly just compliments or trolling; I crave the brutal honesty I received from Ry and KN and if any of you would like to change your responses to offer some constructive comments yourself, feel more than free :)
Even though I'm certain I will not receive the position, I would still like to hear whatever you guys are thinking. I do not care if it's positive or not, just honest 100

I'll start:
1.) My class load prevents me from getting online anywhere from 7am to 4pm MST. College > GMod
2.) I don't know about "All staff become inactive", but the above is why I am less active than last year.
3.) I did not remember that rule, sorry; I don't know what else you want me to say.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 05:35:38 PM by Sasquatch »

If you listen to the guy at the beginning of The Thing in Norwegian, he gives away the whole plot & tries to save everyone before being shot dead.

* Recent Topics

topic holidays
[Life]
Fox McCloud
Today at 12:42:14 AM
topic mass rdm, vip abuse + more (stay tuned audience)
[Player Reports]
FaZe Doggo
February 17, 2018, 09:24:59 PM
topic Fedudo's suggestions
[Suggestions]
Fedudo
February 17, 2018, 05:24:21 PM
topic foxy staff app
[Staff Applications]
Fedudo
February 17, 2018, 03:30:22 PM
topic pretty obvious hacking