Author Topic: Ethan's (possible) Return to the Staff Team  (Read 187 times)

Online Ethan

• VIP GOLD
  • Hello! :)
    • View Profile
Ethan's (possible) Return to the Staff Team
« on: April 16, 2018, 06:56:35 AM »
Are you VIP?: Yes.

RP Name: Ethan

Steam Name: Ethan

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:52522849

Hours Played on Gmod: 3707

Hours Played on Server: 170, as of 4/18/2018

In at least 300 words, why should we allow you to join? (we check wordcount)
You should allow me to join the staff team for the following reasons:
* Maturity *
I love to have a bit of good fun, but I am also a mostly serious roleplayer. I make sure to read rules before I start to play. I will admit, that no, I'm not the most mature person
ever, but I am mature enough to roleplay in a serious fashion while still obeying the rules. I love to have fun with people, but I also know when someone is breaking a rule, which I would then pull them aside.
* Experience *
I have had tons of experience moderating/administrating servers. I have owned a server myself, which had a moderate player base of about 20 players. I know everything I need to know as a staff member,
(ULX, aWarn, Rules, Punishments, Logs, (I even know how to use the whitelist system, not that I will ever need to know), which I think gives me an advantage over other applicants. I have played A LOT of Garry's Mod in the past few years, and I've been through a lot of different communities. I can handle dealing with RDM, Propblock, RDA, Mass RDM/RDA, Spamming, Racism, etc. For example, if someone raided the PD without an advert, I would bring the person, inform them of the rule, and issue them a warning. If they had past warnings of the same offense, then I would possibly issue a kick/ban, depending on the number of past offenses.
*Activity*
I can be very active on the server, and when I can't be on the server, I'll be on the forums. I am currently a high school sophomore, so I will have to work within my school schedule to be on the server. I believe that I will be able to be active for around 2-3 hours on weekdays, on the server and forums, (maybe more), and around 4-5 hours on weekends.  In this time, I would spend about half roleplaying, and half on duty. Even if I'm not on duty, I would still respond to calls/reports, if no other staff member is on to deal with them too.

In at least 250 words, why do you qualify for this position?
I qualify for this position because I am very nice, mature, and friendly. I also have previous experience on the staff team before I decided to leave. I love to help people out, and I know my way around commands. I will make sure to respond to as many reports as possible, and distribute the nessecary punishments. I hate people who come on the server to minge, mass rdm, mass rda, because I feel as though it ruins other people's experience on the server. I have already read the staff guidelines, and striking system, and I have also re-read the server rules. I am very happy to be a part of the server, and I will do my best to help out, even if my staff application gets denied. I've got tons of expirence with ULX, and I know all the needed commands (noclip, freeze, bring, kick, ban, jailtp, return, jail, unjail, teleport), And I also know my way around aWarn. I know how to warn people, and also how to check their past offenses using the warn system. I am always willing to help out, wether it be on the forums, in-game. I prefer to type, but I will use my mic when I am dealing with staff situations. I am willing to be on the server when needed, and I'm also willing to dedicate a great amount of time to the server. I am trained to deal with so many different scenarios, such as DoS/DDoS threats, racism, rda/rdm, staff/player disrespect, harassment, mic/chat spam, crashing server, and tons more. That is why I believe that I am qualified to be staff on the RPLand community. 
What admins are usually on when you are on the server?:
Usually when I am on the server, Sasquachuian, Hoot, seen ghosts, Mr KFC.
Admission Test  -  (Only 1 answer can be correct)
(example - Answer: I pick Question #3)

Question #1.
You get a report of somebody rdming
1. You look at logs & see multiple killings from the same person, you then proceed to ban/kick them without taking a sit
2. You bring both the person who made the report & the reported person to a sit & try to resolve the issue with logs, talking to them or any kind of visual legit evidence of the reported offense.
3. You hear a bunch of people saying that a specific person is breaking the rules, you then proceed to ban/kick them without talking to them or taking a sit
Answer: #2, you should ALWAYS get both sides of the situation before making a decision.

Question #2.
You see somebody prop blocking somebody's house
1. You bring the person who is prop blocking the person's house and tell them to remove their prop or else they will get warned/jailed
2. You immediately just kick or ban the person prop blocking
Answer: #1, give the person a chance to stop before immediately punishing them..

Question #3.
You get raided while basing as a meth cook, but you don't see an advert raid and you get killed/raided
1. You look at logs & see who raided you, you then proceed to ban/kick them without warning or taking a sit
2. You bring the person who raided and forgot to advert, and you notify them there wasn't an advert & warn/jail them
Answer: #2, you should take a sit almost 99.99% of the time in any situation.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 12:13:35 AM by Ethan »
Retired RPLAND Moderator.
My last words are going to be "Please don't use OOC for admin calls, Type @(issue), and a free staff member will respond shortly!" or "Please note that staff gets lots of calls and can't always respond right away. Give them some time :)"

Offline kkslider818

• VIP GOLD
  • I am the second best Drug Lord (First is Sas)
    • View Profile
Re: Ethan's (possible) Return to the Staff Team
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 08:46:03 AM »
Neutral for now...

Ummm...who is this, I'm pretty new but, if you just got back from something. Don't just post a staff app. Reply to other stuff, make sure it's known that you are back. Because just coming back and applying for staff really doesn't prove that you will be active, because again. I have been on the server only till January of 2018. But still 4 months is a long time, try to get a little active and my Neutral would gladly be uped to a +1
Commercial Photography

Online Ethan

• VIP GOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 08:50:50 AM »
Neutral for now...

Ummm...who is this, I'm pretty new but, if you just got back from something. Don't just post a staff app. Reply to other stuff, make sure it's known that you are back. Because just coming back and applying for staff really doesn't prove that you will be active, because again. I have been on the server only till January of 2018. But still 4 months is a long time, try to get a little active and my Neutral would gladly be uped to a +1
Thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated.
I am working on being as active in-game as I can, and I have posted a greeting for those who haven't seen me around.
My last words are going to be "Please don't use OOC for admin calls, Type @(issue), and a free staff member will respond shortly!" or "Please note that staff gets lots of calls and can't always respond right away. Give them some time :)"

Offline seen ghosts

• Admin
  • they ask me if I seen ghosts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 11:11:40 AM »
Get back active in the fourms and I see you on the server occasionally. But I'll go for a NEUTRAL looking forward to see you on the server again and rp with you

Offline Mr KFC

• It's Finger Licking Good!
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 11:13:39 AM »
Neutral, I do not know you well enough you seem to ah e good intentions but I don

Offline Canis

• VIP GOLD
  • AKA Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 12:53:16 PM »
I don't believe in Neutrals.

The only thing you recently posted other than this post was your "Im back" post in Introductions. I've also never seen you on the server.

http://www.rpland.org/index.php?topic=5168.0
Evil Jobs really need to be buffed...

Offline Stix

• VIP GOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 12:54:21 PM »
+1

He seems alright with me so why not?

Offline Fedudo

• VIP GOLD
  • Wuss poppin Jimbo?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 08:00:04 PM »
Neutral
I have never seen you on the  server before. But it seems like you have good intentions for the server. I can't be definite on an answer right now.

Offline MasterReaperS

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 12:44:31 AM »
+1

I say this because I knew you when you were staff last time. If you have those same intentions and don't get stuck in the inactive curse you'd be a good staff

Offline Gowther

• HELLO EVERYBODY! :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018, 08:58:30 AM »
+1 Your staff application is really organized, and that alone has my vote. I will be returning to the game today so I look forward to seeing you in-game.

Online Ethan

• VIP GOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2018, 10:27:11 AM »
Get back active in the fourms and I see you on the server occasionally. But I'll go for a NEUTRAL looking forward to see you on the server again and rp with you
Thanks for feedback, i'll see you around :)
Neutral, I do not know you well enough you seem to ah e good intentions but I don
Thanks for your Feedback! HMU in-game we can rp sometime ;)
I don't believe in Neutrals.

The only thing you recently posted other than this post was your "Im back" post in Introductions. I've also never seen you on the server.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll work to improve there. :)
+1

He seems alright with me so why not?
Thanks!
Neutral
I have never seen you on the  server before. But it seems like you have good intentions for the server. I can't be definite on an answer right now.
Here comes dat boi. Thanks for the feedback, HMU ig if you wanna rp sometime :)
+1

I say this because I knew you when you were staff last time. If you have those same intentions and don't get stuck in the inactive curse you'd be a good staff
+1 Your staff application is really organized, and that alone has my vote. I will be returning to the game today so I look forward to seeing you in-game.
Thanks, I'll see you then :)

Offline GLaDoS | Trade.tf

• VIP GOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2018, 05:24:22 PM »
+1 this man is a good man he does amazing jobs when he was staff i'd love to see you back!
Think of it as this, You see me, now you dont.

Online Ethan

• VIP GOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2018, 06:00:52 PM »
+1 this man is a good man he does amazing jobs when he was staff i'd love to see you back!
Thanks very much! :)

Offline PsychoPie

• I like to draw crappy cartoons.
    • View Profile
    • Check out my webcomic!
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2018, 06:40:12 PM »
Hey Ethan, it's likely you don't know me but when I was very new to the server, I remember you helping people with their problems in the occ. From my perspective you look like a person who willing to help.
+1

Online Ethan

• VIP GOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2018, 08:08:37 PM »
Hey Ethan, it's likely you don't know me but when I was very new to the server, I remember you helping people with their problems in the occ. From my perspective you look like a person who willing to help.
+1