Author Topic: Sonoflear's Staff App  (Read 810 times)

Offline Sonoflear

Sonoflear's Staff App
« on: July 10, 2018, 07:12:32 PM »
Are you VIP?: Can't afford
RP Name:Sonoflear
Steam Name:Sonoflear
SteamID: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Sonofox/
Hours Played on Gmod:243
Hours Played on Server:24
In at least 300 words, why should we allow you to join? I'm not good with typing out long stories and just repeating myself on "Why". I'll just simply say, that most the time that I am on the server there is no mods in site other then the quick glimpse of one now and again. Along with being a temp-admin on another server before it was closed down.
In at least 250 words, why do you qualify for this position? I tend to be liked by people (a curse really) a lot, friendly, and know the rules.
What admins are usually on when you are on the server?:Saw Frost on for a few mins.

Question #1.
You get a report of somebody rdming
1. You look at logs & see multiple killings from the same person, you then proceed to ban/kick them without taking a sit
2. You bring both the person who made the report & the reported person to a sit & try to resolve the issue with logs, talking to them, or any kind of visual legit evidence of the reported offence.
3. You hear a bunch of people saying that a specific person is breaking the rules, you then proceed to ban/kick them without talking to them or taking a sit
Answer: 2

Question #2.
You see somebody prop blocking somebodys house
1. You bring the person who is prop blocking the persons house, and tell them to remove their prop or else they will get warned / jailed
2. You immediately just kick or ban the person prop blocking
Answer: 1

Question #3.
You get raided while basing as a meth cook, but you don't see a advert raid and you get killed / raided
1. You look at logs & see who raided you, you then proceed to ban/kick them without warning or taking a sit
2. You bring the person who raided and forgot to advert, and you notify them their wasnt a advert & warn / jail them
Answer: I messaged Frost about this one.... I feel as if this is a trick question only because it states, "You get raided while basing as a meth cook" I see it as your currently RPing, Not Staff on Duty, SO I would have to chose 3) Talk to them in rp stating "I didn't see you advert might want to watch out for that" and so on, If they continue that's when you become staff on duty and bring them and warn them.

Offline 🙃

• VIP GOLD
  • Potanade A meal Exploding with flavor
Re: Sonoflear's Staff App
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 07:32:08 PM »
Hey, I don't know who you are. Not 250 words and not 300 words, put some effort into the app

-support :)
Oh yeah first Post cant be staff application

Question number 3 only has 2 answers not 3
Hey,Didn't see you there

Offline Sonoflear

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 07:39:02 PM »
Shane I had a reasonable response as to why I answered 3 the way I did. If you don't like it that is your opinion. If you don't support then why bother wasting time on my application to begin with?

Offline 🙃

• VIP GOLD
  • Potanade A meal Exploding with flavor
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 08:40:54 PM »
Hey, I don't know who you are. Not 250 words and not 300 words, put some effort into the app

-support :)
Oh yeah first Post cant be staff application

Question number 3 only has 2 answers not 3

Just telling you what your flaws are
Hey,Didn't see you there

Offline Frostdraw

• I've got nothing to say but it's okay
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 09:00:44 PM »
NEUTRALI've only seen you once, and you seem to want to be staff, you hadn't met the word requirement. You seem like a great person with great intentions.
"If Rock And Roll had a name, it would be Chuck Berry" -John Lennon

Offline KN1N3

• VIP GOLD
  • Not your dad. You may want to see a therapist.
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 10:11:10 PM »
-1 You appear to have good intentions just didn't put forth the effort. It may seem tedious typing out rants about yourself and saying "I" over and over just droning on about your personal beliefs about staffing but we were all required to do it and to act as if it is pointless is a personal insult to me and I would hope you correct this application. Your hours are lacking and your forum activity is subpar. All areas that should be improved on if you would like to be a staff member.

Offline Sonoflear

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 11:23:44 PM »
Now you claiming that this was an act to make it seem pointless is insulting. Thing is I was never good at the whole type out a whole long list of Me, Myself, and I things to make myself seem like I know more then whats really up there. (And yes, sadly I do tend to use "I" a lot. Bad happen picked up from non stop moving when was just a kid to teen.) What is written is what you get. No fancy word play or anything like that. Even though could have easily added "Been on a good chunk of gmod servers and dont get angry just tend to Question thing. I don't get annoyed when getting cursed at or stuff like that and I always try to brake up a fight.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 07:21:46 PM »

I've had some pretty nice/fun roleplay interactions with you, and you seem like a pretty fun guy.
BUT...
The application does need answers to the "essay" questions regardless.
The other thing I've sort of noticed is keeping your cool, I may be reading your responses wrong, but it seems that you quickly get frustrated when's it comes to the constructive criticism.

-Trojan

Offline X

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 12:50:48 PM »
If you can not do the public decency of following all the guidelines of the application you have no right to apply for staff whatsoever. Not to be rude, but at this age if you can log into steam, go to Garry's Mod, join a server, talk to people, join the forums you should have absolutely no reason to ignore the required word amount. This behavior is bad to yourself, and disrespectful to the server.

Please, Sono, fix your application, because we're doing this as a community...
And you're already late getting started on editing.

Offline Salt

• Its Going to be ok, Dont be a salty Bitch.
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2018, 11:29:52 PM »
did not meet the word count and not active in forms and in game.

Offline Mister

• Community Owner
  • Elder
  • :D
    • rpland.org
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2018, 01:08:59 AM »
DENIED

Word count not met / no effort put into application