Author Topic: Trojan's Staff Application  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Trojan

Trojan's Staff Application
« on: July 23, 2018, 11:22:22 AM »
Are you VIP?: Yes, VIP Gold.

RP Name: Trojan

Steam Name: Trojan

SteamID: STEAM_1:0:126794016

Hours Played on Gmod: 3,290

Hours Played on Server: 165

In at least 300 words, why should we allow you to join? (we check wordcount):
In my last application, I talked about what I can do to go above and beyond as a staff member. Yes, I will still probably touch upon those points in this application as well, but I will get to that later. I made the mistake of applying way too early, having barely enough hours to apply, and hardly being known in the community. Since then, I have gained over 160 hours, played for several hours every single day, and I have made myself known in the community. I have roleplayed with tons of players, helped out new players when the needed help, and I have managed to help eliminate minges via !votekick. I definitely should've waited longer to apply. But getting to the question, why should you allow me to join the staff team? As I have proved, I am willing to be incredibly active on the server, being on everyday to help people out. While playing on the server, I have only been warned once, (accidentally demoted a Precursor for not adverting kidnap, didn't realize he was Precursor, whoops) and I have followed the rules my whole time on the server. Another reason why I should be allowed to join the staff team is because of my experience being staff on other servers. Throughout my 3,000+ hours on GMOD, I have been staff on 12 different servers, and I have never been revoked, demoted, or even striked. I'm an experienced staff member who is ready to help the server. The next reason that I should be allowed to join the staff team is I am fair to all players. I never judge based on age/race/friendship, I am fair with my punishments to all players, no matter what. Trustworthy, active, and fair: exactly what I said in my last application, the only difference is that this time, I have proved it that I am ready to be a staff member.

In at least 250 words, why do you qualify for this position?:
This. This is the question that I've been waiting for. As explained in my last application, I can bring a lot to the server. I go above and beyond. As I have proved my dedication, the "Police Handbook" that I wrote for the server was only just the beginning. My level of creativity is my favorite trait for the server. Everyday I'll be playing and I'll come up with an idea that could benefit the server, I then write it down in my notes and move on. Currently I have written down 40 potential ideas for the server, planned 2 potential updates, and more. I am ready to help the server out as much as I can. When it comes to the staffing part of being a moderator, I excel at that. I have (basically) memorized the rules (and staff guidelines) to help me succeed in the server. While being a staff member, I've always put the server before my own needs, taking sits when I could be roleplaying, doing drops (money/entities/weapons) of my own, starting events for the server to take part it, refunded players who have been rdm'd (personally). Finally, possibly the best mark of my qualification for the server, is that I'm on when the players are, and when other staff members aren't. I play all the time (maybe a little too much), even into way late at night. I am here to protect the server from minges, and to help assist players in any way I can. In my opinion, I truly am qualified for a staff position on RPLand.

What admins are usually on when you are on the server?: Salt, KN1N3, Frostdraw, Shane, Xcede

Quick Test  -  (Only 1 answer can be correct)
(example - Answer: I pick Question #3)

Question #1.
You get a report of somebody rdming
1. You look at logs & see multiple killings from the same person, you then proceed to ban/kick them without taking a sit
2. You bring both the person who made the report & the reported person to a sit & try to resolve the issue with logs, talking to them, or any kind of visual legit evidence of the reported offence.
3. You hear a bunch of people saying that a specific person is breaking the rules, you then proceed to ban/kick them without talking to them or taking a sit
Answer: Number 2

Question #2.
You see somebody prop blocking somebody
-Trojan

Offline ILikeBoys

• VIP GOLD
Re: Trojan's Staff Application
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 01:11:48 PM »
+1 Trojan is top 2 sexiest man om the server besides me of course. Great player, fun, gives good head.
GL my brother. :-*

Offline oORoshOo

• Hobbies: Boats & Hoes
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 01:31:18 PM »
Thought I was the second one... wow I see how it is.
+1 never see a problem with the dude
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 01:32:56 PM by oORoshOo »

Offline Lettuce

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 02:14:52 PM »

My one experience with Trojan was a point in which he broke the rules to get revenge rdm on me multiple times, then left the server because I stole his jetpack. I don't think someone with that little self control should be staff, but maybe he was having a bad day that day.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 02:54:29 PM by Lettuce »

Offline Trojan

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 02:24:09 PM »

My one experience with Trojan was a point in which he broke the rules to get revenge rdm on me multiple times, then leave the server because I stole his jetpack. I don't think someone with that little self control should be staff, but maybe he was having a bad day that day.

You for some reason always fail to correctly recall this situation. You stole my jet pack, as a gun dealer that is, and I killed you. I was then quite disappointed that I had spent an hour mining and lost my jet pack, so I left the server. I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to leave the server at my discretion, unless involved in an administrative situation. I've heard great things about you, and I'd love to see you as a great guy, but every encounter I've had with you result in you micspamming, minging, or breaking the rules of some sort.

Thank you for your criticism.
-Trojan

Offline KN1N3

• VIP GOLD
  • Not your dad. You may want to see a therapist.
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 03:22:12 AM »
+1 He is active during the day when more staff are needed and I have never had any direct reports against him just a few accusations with no evidence.

Offline Frostdraw

• I've got nothing to say but it's okay
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 11:58:59 AM »
NEUTRALI'm going to have to say neutral as you had a little inactivity and re-applied after going inactive for a bit. On the other hand, you cause me no issues and would be great for a staff member.
"If Rock And Roll had a name, it would be Chuck Berry" -John Lennon

Offline Trojan

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2018, 12:16:16 PM »
NEUTRALI'm going to have to say neutral as you had a little inactivity and re-applied after going inactive for a bit. On the other hand, you cause me no issues and would be great for a staff member.

Thank you! (And yeah I'll start getting more active, I was just finishing up my baseball season)
-Trojan

Offline Trojan

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2018, 10:01:08 PM »
-1I'm going to have to change my vote. Recently, all I've seen you do in-game would be AFK farming hours for a good 5-6 hours.

Respectfully, I believe you just saw me on the server trying to roleplay, I can't say I've been farming hours, I believe the most I'm ever AFK is when I am loading in, couldn please explain to me a little more about this.
-Trojan

Offline X

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2018, 11:05:33 AM »
-1I'm going to have to change my vote. Recently, all I've seen you do in-game would be AFK farming hours for a good 5-6 hours.

First off I'm calling you out on this how would you know if he afks when you leave almost every time I join. I'll let you know this I spend a lot of time on rpLand undercover on a various amount of accounts. He doesn't afk; every time I've come on Trojan has been playing the game and enforcing the rules. Look into things more before you make your decision.

How is it bad if he afks for a short amount of time everyone does it... but I'm sure he doesn't afk for 5-6 hours you're over exaggerating.

+1 Trojan you're a good player you make an extra extravagant effort to enforce the rules, not only that you have the patience to wait for help instead of breaking the rules when help doesn't immediately come. You're very persistent you don't give up if a report needs to be made you do it. All the qualities of a good staff member.

The only recommendation I have for your application you don't need to respond to people. It's better just to let them say what they want and leave it be. You're more likely to get the position if it doesn't seem like you're arguing with someone. So regardless if they give you a +/- 1 I wouldn't say anything back. Take the feedback it's very helpful for you even if some of the things said are down right bonkers. Let someone else stand up for you, because you will always be biased towards yourself... Everyone is.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 11:07:19 AM by X »

Offline Trojan

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2018, 01:01:47 PM »
(This will be my last response)

Thank you very much X!
-Trojan

Offline Mister

• Community Owner
  • Elder
  • :D
    • rpland.org
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2018, 01:50:46 PM »
ACCEPTED
Welcome to the RPLand Staff Team!
We are glad to have you apart of our community!
Contact me in-game for your rank!