Author Topic: Better Printers and Oil (this is going to be a bit of a long list)  (Read 347 times)

Offline Renzo Dormac

Given that the Mining of gemstones has been buffed along with mutable ways of making money thats more efficient then printers or oil i think we need to do either an over hall or buff the speed and the amount of money made from these things.

No seriously, the money you would have spent on the oil driller, the barrels, the coolant the battery along with guns to defend the thing and the time to slowly make a profit from the printer and the oil driller you probably would have gotten halfway into crafting an RPG to sell or you already got gemstones other then Ruby.
And it also doesn't help that you only have access to only 1 oil refinery unless you have other people doing an operation, it would be fine but the combined barrels that the group would have will still be on a waiting list constantly and by the time your doing a run a lot of people will know what your doing and may destroy the operation just for kicks.

I've also sadly seen players leave after a few hours because the most basic way of making money is inefficient because of the amount they are able to have isn't enough and locking a 2nd printer owned by the same player with VIP isn't helping much.

Options to improve them.

Easy way:
Allow default players to have access to additional printers and have VIP have double the regular of the new amount for regulars. Example: 4 For regulars and 8 for VIP's.

Hard way (but gives gemstones a purpose for something other then selling:(WARNING: MIGHT BE OVERPOWERED TO THOSE WHO INVEST IN IT):
Make printers from Ruby To Diamond (Maybe Obsidian) and make an NPC appear at the back of the industrial area and will ask the player for a certain number of gems for each type. Perhaps 10 of each type of gem and a CPU based on the grade of gem you gave them to and you have to buy the printer shell for $7500.
By obtaining a Obsidian Gem you can rush over to the guy in the industrial area and you'll have a choice between the obsidian Printer shell, Obsidian Fan or the Obsidian CPU, which will be needed to craft the obsidian printer.

As for oil the process is simple: Improve the amount of money you get from oil, make it so a player can carry 5 barrels at a time, 2 oil refinery's per player and increase the money gained from each barrel from $4700 to $6500 or to the point to where its worth to make it so that oil miners don't have to often leave their homes for every 1 barrel they have to carry, and potentially carry a 2nd oil barrel with carrying a constant risk they really shouldn't be having as often as they have.

EDIT: Fixed small wording issues.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 01:15:57 AM by Renzo Dormac »

Offline Trojan

Re: Better Printers and Oil (this is going to be a bit of a long list)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 10:30:39 AM »
I also agree that we need some new printers, but I can't say I ageee with what you have proposed. People always talk about how our server is never laggy, one of the reasons for that is because we don't have a lot of entities on the map, so here is what I would suggest if we were to switch printers:
https://www.gmodstore.com/scripts/view/4197/tier-printers-the-1-money-printer-system Is just one upgradable printer that you can make a lot of money with.

On the other hand, with oil, oil is actually super profitable, the problem is that you can only carry one oil container to sell at a time, to me, that's neeeds raised. Another suggestion, maybe only add this for VIPs, but the ability to buy 2 refineries, if we can buy 2 drillers, might as well buy 2 refineries, right?

I am coming up with a list of new ideas for the server, including certain updates, jobs, and of course, way to make money. I will post them soon.
-Trojan

Offline Lapras

• VIP GOLD
  • I've got nothing to say but it's okay
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 10:56:36 AM »
+1I think this would be a great addition. As well, I would think that it would be quite hard to make.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 04:55:20 PM by Frostdraw »

Offline Brawl20

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 10:58:39 PM »
I also agree that we need some new printers, but I can't say I ageee with what you have proposed. People always talk about how our server is never laggy, one of the reasons for that is because we don't have a lot of entities on the map, so here is what I would suggest if we were to switch printers:
https://www.gmodstore.com/scripts/view/4197/tier-printers-the-1-money-printer-system Is just one upgradable printer that you can make a lot of money with.

On the other hand, with oil, oil is actually super profitable, the problem is that you can only carry one oil container to sell at a time, to me, that's neeeds raised. Another suggestion, maybe only add this for VIPs, but the ability to buy 2 refineries, if we can buy 2 drillers, might as well buy 2 refineries, right?

I am coming up with a list of new ideas for the server, including certain updates, jobs, and of course, way to make money. I will post them soon.

I love this idea. Maybe we can tweak the script a tiny amount and make the printer a viable money making method again. Keep the tier prices the same but increase income based on teirs.

Psalm 94:16
John 3:20
The universe is only getting bigger! Or is it?

Offline Yano

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 06:45:31 AM »
This actually sounds like a really good idea, but like Frost said it's be quite hard to make.
Probably a simpler method would be to allow the purchase of money printers with gemstones and have it based on varying amounts of gems based on the type.

Example of Exchange
30 Rubys = 1 Money Printer
12 Sapphires = 1 Money Printer
7 Emeralds = 1 Money Printer
5 Moonstones = 1 Money Printer
2 Diamonds = 1  Money Printer

The Idea behind the printers themselves and their pricing is to level out time over value for the gems.
30 Rubys = $30,000 - Take at least 30 minutes of mining / VS  2 Diamonds = $40,000 - Take about 10 minutes to mine on average with a higher mining skill required.
Obviously in the long run money printers are worth more if you can protect them, but this encourages a lot more stimulation in the community over risk/reward.

The big benefit to these type of money printers that would make them more desirable is the fact that plays can carry these in their inventory for as long as they want, even stocking up on them if they wish to do so and trading them off.

Have the NPC deposit the money printer in a case that the player can pickup with the inventory pickup.
It can only be deployed once and once it does it cannot be repackaged so it's there to stay.

It'd be easy for VIP's to fall under the cracks with a system like this so I'd encourage the VIP printers to get a little bit of a boost in overall money generated and the multiplier and give them 2 more on the E-VIP Printer.

I mean this is just spitballing addition to the original idea, but it'd probably be easier to execute.
I'm sure fine tuning would be needed to avoid wrecking the server economy, but it'd be a good way to help players explore other roles.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Other sources of income could probably just receive a stimulus bonus on generated profit and they could be a lot more viable.
Oil drilling would be a very good example or perhaps just allow the process of refining oil into fuel a little bit quicker.

Smaller tweaks to things like that would probably help them drastically.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 08:57:00 AM by Yano »