Author Topic: Trojan's Guide: Best Ways to Make Money  (Read 1203 times)

Offline Trojan

Trojan's Guide: Best Ways to Make Money
« on: August 07, 2018, 11:28:03 PM »
Trojan's Money Making Guide

There always seems to be debate about the best ways to make money. I thought I'd give my input on some of the best ways in my personal opinion. Note: These are in no particular order, about which produces the most money/which takes the least amount of effort, just my favorite ways to get rich.

#1. Meth Production
While always frowned upon, because of how long it takes to make a batch of meth, believe it or not, meth makes A LOT of money. Sure, the first batch will be paying off the dues for buying materials (stove, pots, etc), but even then, you still make profit each time you produce a batch. Once you know the system, and understand how it works, you make meth super quickly.

Lots of people think that meth is a waste because you always get raided by the cops, and that is NOT TRUE! Always keep in mind, that cops CANNOT raid due to the sounds that they hear, they must have visual evidence of the meth production, or you selling it before they can raid. If you get (falsely) warranted, call an admin ASAP!

You can find a tutorial for meth production here: https://www.rpland.org/index.php?topic=18.0

#2. Selling as a Paramedic
What? You make absolutely no money as a paramedic, said every player ever! That is, not if you do it right! Everyone is familiar with the term, supply and demand, and that is how it works! 1. Demand: EVERYONE gets raped and gets an STD, so everyone needs meds. 2. Setup a shop in the middle of town (town square, cinema) and put a big sign that says, "STD MEDS!!!" so everyone knows where you are as a medic. Remember to advert where your shop is, and what you are selling in chat every couple minutes, again, so people know where you are.

Here's the best part: Sell those meds for $5,000!!! Most people WILL pay, because they've taken a long time to find a medic, and they aren't about to go waste time and find another one. And when people don't wanna pay, or try to negotiate, KILL THEM because you have a KOS sign that says "KOS if refusing to pay/negotiating". This is currently my FAVORITE way to make money!

#3. Oil Production/mining (in the suburbs)

Goal 1: Find something that you would like to make as a miner (to sell or use). Get your upgraded pickaxe and start mining! While you are making your weapon, you will come across MANY gemstones to sell to the Ore Buyer in Town Square when you are done.

Goal 2: In a base in the suburbs, setup some oil! After each rock you finish mining (or when your finger is about to fall off from constantly clicking), go to your base and retrieve/sell the oil to the Oil Buyer at the AM/PM Gas Station.

Worried about getting raided while mining? 1. Keep your base as close as possible to the mining area, 2. Always keep your front door shut AND locked with a house alarm on it, 3. Make sure you add a fading door + keypad at the front of it, and 4. Go up and BLAST whoever is raiding you when your house alarm goes off!

#4. Being a Hitman (for the violent type)
Obviously, one of the most fun ways to make money.... being a Hitman. The clear perks of this job: 1. You GET to kill people, which is always fun, especially if you can mix it up and snipe someone from a rooftop, and 2. You make a lot of money, while having fun.

I'd suggest that you make a bind to one of your keys, to yell, "Place a Hit!" if you don't have a mic (In console: Bind <key> "say /y PLACE A HIT!!!").

#5 Additional Ideas and THE SIDE HUSTLE
Some of the best ways to make a quick buck.

1. Be the President: Highly debatable, occasionally a pain in the ass dealing with the laws and not getting killed, but you make a pretty nice salary while acting as the President, PLUS you can order all cops to deliver bail money to you (if there are no lawyers online).

2. Quickly become a Firefighter: Notice a HUGE fire in a building? Become a Firefighter and put that sucker out! You get $500 per each fire you extinguish, which adds up when it's a huge fire. In fact: I've made upwards of $20,000 to $30,000 on one fire ;).

3. Be a Salvager: Many don't realize this, but when you are a Salvager, you don't just make money for stripping the car of parts, you steal that baby , and hide it in your warehouse, AND charge a ransom to the owner for it. IF the owner deletes it, remember: that is FailRP, call an Admin!

4. Get your Quest Game on: Once you know where all the locations are for each quest, its a nice, quick, and easy buck. Plus, you get credits for completing them. Also, don't only do the quests from your F4 Menu, keep in mind that certain NPCs around the map will also need help from you.

5. Being a Kidnapper: Ah, the second-most annoying job in the game (behind the jobs that rape). The perks? 1. Get weapons from the people you kidnap (upgraded pickaxes from miners too!), 2. If you are a Precursor, you get to use the Nomad, an awesome and very cool weapon, 3. Keep people in your prison until they pay you bail, or someone else pays a ransom fee (Police Force). PLEASE remember that there is a cooldown for this job, as well as rules about who you can kidnap (In other words: Don't interfere with an Admin Sit!)

6. Being a Bottomfeeder: This one, a great way for a quick buck. Go into empty buildings (usually from recently disconnected players), and search for leftover entities (Oil, Printers, Meth Chemicals). Use those to your advantage! If someone leaves a bunch of Red Phosphorus and Crystallized Iodine in a base, go make some meth!

7. Robbery!: While this requires skill and a decent weapon, you should always try to rob the AM/PM Gas Station, as well as trying for a grand PD Raid. It's worth a shot!

Those are just my favorite ways of making money, let me know what you guys think!

« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 12:05:41 AM by Trojan »
-Trojan

Offline Trojan

Re: Trojan's Guide: Best Ways to Make Money
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 12:59:17 AM »
Edit: These are in no particular order whatsoever.
-Trojan

Offline ILikeBoys

• VIP GOLD
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 09:39:46 AM »
Dont listen to this homeless man. The best way to make money is be a male prostitute you make like $12 an hour!!!

Offline Frostdraw

• I've got nothing to say but it's okay
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 07:25:51 PM »
Good ideas, one of the easier ways to make money for me is just to be a hobo and have a top donator list, that easily made me $1 mil really quickly.
"If Rock And Roll had a name, it would be Chuck Berry" -John Lennon

Offline Axew

• VIP GOLD
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 10:41:13 AM »
I've made most of my money from oil, printers, and meth.............. and the lottery

Offline hypochan

• VIP GOLD
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 12:19:49 PM »
buy it from the store.