Author Topic: Staff Application  (Read 446 times)

Offline MarcoTheGamer[CC]

Staff Application
« on: September 05, 2018, 10:58:52 PM »
Are you VIP?:Yes I am gold VIP
RP Name:MarcoTheGamer
Steam Name:MarcoTheGamer
SteamID:STEAM_0:1:85922357
Hours Played on Gmod:613
Hours Played on Server:88h

In at least 300 words, why should we allow you to join? (we check wordcount)
I think you should allow me to join the staff because i see lots people breaking NLR,rdming, propblocking and other rules. The Staff are not always on so people think they can get away with stuff that. I love this server and its the only server I like in darkRP. I've already put almost a week into this server, I would like to put even more into moderating it and helping the players of the server. I'm also tired of people saying the server is shit because there are not  enough staff ever on. I would love to staff on the only gmod server I ever play. I've been on this server for 80h+ without counting when the server restarted, I'm willing to spend even more time on this server. I always put the rules first and willing to spend a good amount of my time in this server. I like the players and staff, and I like the classes and map so I'm willing to help people from breaking the rules and continue showing people the rules and how to play. Of course I made mistakes in my earlier time of the server and I'm sorry for breaking some rules in the beginning but I've gotten better since then and I never break any rules anymore but who didn't make a couple of mistakes in the beginning. I have been staff on other games so that's my experience with being staff, even if they weren't Garry's mod they still let me practice enforcing rules and situations. I know it's a busy job so I'm prepared to respond to calls very often instead of rping. So that's why I would like to make RPland my first gmod server I'm staff in. And i just don't wanna be a donor.

In at least 250 words, why do you qualify for this position?
I think i should qualify for this position is because of the desperate due in part because of the servers need for more moderation. While playing the server without any other oversight from admin's, mods, ext. i have always at least tried to keep the server from this rampant abuse as with as little power as i had through the means of vote ban system that's in place. Though at many time one can see how little power that really has to keep the server in check once you really look at how the system works (Example, it counts all players, even those who don't vote, and those who are AFK and won't vote anyway, as part of the vote making it difficult at certain points.) I must admit that i do have no prior knowledge of being an admin or mod because I have never once been the role on any other servers, because i just kind of wanted to play the game and nothing else. So this whole thing will be a learning experience to me as i try to find out how to do a proper job, however i do not think this should disqualify me from the position, since everyone needs to learn from somewhere and one would never get the position if everyone had the standards of "you must have experience, or get out". Which is why as i said you should give me the chance to learn such things instead of disregarding me entirely.

What admins are usually on when you are on the server?:Frostdraw,Salt,Axew,kn1n3

Quick Test  -  (Only 1 answer can be correct)
(example - Answer: I pick Question #3)

Question #1.
You get a report of somebody rdming
1. You look at logs & see multiple killings from the same person, you then proceed to ban/kick them without taking a sit
2. You bring both the person who made the report & the reported person to a sit & try to resolve the issue with logs, talking to them, or any kind of visual legit evidence of the reported offence.
3. You hear a bunch of people saying that a specific person is breaking the rules, you then proceed to ban/kick them without talking to them or taking a sit
Answer:2

Question #2.
You see somebody prop blocking somebodys house
1. You bring the person who is prop blocking the persons house, and tell them to remove their prop or else they will get warned / jailed
2. You immediately just kick or ban the person prop blocking
Answer:1

Question #3.
You get raided while basing as a meth cook, but you don't see a advert raid and you get killed / raided
1. You look at logs & see who raided you, you then proceed to ban/kick them without warning or taking a sit
2. You bring the person who raided and forgot to advert, and you notify them their wasnt a advert & warn / jail them
Answer:2

Offline Frostdraw

• I've got nothing to say but it's okay
Re: Staff Application
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 06:40:32 AM »
There is a age requirement for a reason and unfortunately, it seems you don't meet it.

"If Rock And Roll had a name, it would be Chuck Berry" -John Lennon

Offline Axew

• VIP GOLD
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 11:04:48 PM »
Neutral
I've seen you online, haven't had a sit against you that I can recall, but your age does make me cautious.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 11:09:07 PM by Axew »

Offline MarcoTheGamer[CC]

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 07:19:03 PM »
I'm grate full for your opinion's i will submit my next application when I am old enough.

Offline Mister

• Community Owner
  • Elder
  • :D
    • rpland.org
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 01:49:39 AM »

DENIED

Age requirement not met