Author Topic: A note (complaint) about the assassin VIP job  (Read 926 times)

Offline Jacey

A note (complaint) about the assassin VIP job
« on: September 23, 2018, 07:31:59 PM »
When I hear the word assassin, I think "someone hired to kill someone else." After all, that is what an assassin does. So, imagine my disapointment, when I finally get VIP Gold, try out the awesome Assassin job... and it's just another raid class. I'd be a hell of a lot happier (and many others, I think) if the assassin job could actually, y'know, assassinate people.
Thoughts?

Offline Swagmae

• VIP GOLD
  • Hey its Swagmae!! :D
Re: A note (complaint) about the assassin VIP job
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 05:38:40 PM »
That would honestly be rdm, and you already have a hitman to actually have a viable reason to kill someone for a job..
Ay only one waifu for me

Offline Dr. Sasquatch

• VIP GOLD
  • Grand Master of Drugs
Re: A note (complaint) about the assassin VIP job
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 06:23:36 PM »
It really is just a souped-up raiding-class. I imagine it's what would happen if the Bounty Hunter's wife cheated on him with a CIA Spec Ops agent and the result is a class that can't perform hits, but has OP weapons and invisibility.

Thinking about it, the invisibility and automatic weapons assortment are probably why this class can only raid. Otherwise, it would be pretty hard to stop them, let alone see them coming given enough distance.
That said, since only VIPs can use the class, there is a lower chance of abuse than if anyone could just use it. It would make things more interesting if the # of players who can use it at one time were set low and there were just one or two running around.
One could also make it so that playing as this class is like playing as a Zombie or Xenomorph, where you play as them up until death and then are "automatically demoted" on death, kind of the same way the Mayor works as well. This would keep anyone who IS abusing the class from continually respawning and causing trouble for more than a life. After this life, there can be a similar time limit to the Mayor's or a regular demote's timer or a shorter limit, but one that still discourages abuse. 

TL;DR I think the Hitman class has its place, but there should be a Bounty Hunter type job available to VIPs as well, even if the limit is set to only 1 or 2 at a time. You could also make it so they switch to Civilian on death.

All plant cells have the quality of Totipotency. This means a single plant cell can reproduce the entire organism, given enough time.